Home > About NHT > Join the Team
Available Job Opportunities at NHT and Affiliates
REPORTS TO: Director, Asset Management
PURPOSE OF POSITION: National Housing Trust has an opening for an Associate Asset Manager for the management of NHT-Enterprise Preservation Corporationís affordable housing portfolio. NHT-Enterprise is an award winning non-profit housing developer that proudly preserves and improves affordable housing for low and moderate income families and seniors. The organization owns and operates more than 3,000 units predominately on the East Coast.
The Asset Manager will assist with the oversight of the portfolio to ensure long-term viability of the assets. This individual will also analyze property and partnership operations; and set-up and maintain a new database system. The Asset Manager will work closely with other internal teams (sustainability, development, resident services, and accounting), general partners, managing agents, investors, and third party vendors and consultants.
The Asset Manager will assist in the following areas, and over time, assume full responsibility for the following duties:
- Implement and maintain Starta database system for the portfolio.
- Review the financial reports and monitor operations to ensure properties are meeting budget targets and benchmarks. Monitor property performance in comparison to budget, initial underwriting, and operation of similar properties.
- Prepare quarterly Asset Management Reports for Board of Directors
- Based upon ongoing review of management reports, audits, and third party studies, identify potential problems and develop long-term strategies and work plans to address such issues. Work with management to implement such plans.
- Perform property site visits and inspections to evaluate the condition and upkeep of the asset, gauge effectiveness of on-site staffing, and assess the local market and competition.
- Assist in the review/approval process of annual property operating budgets and the annual audited financial statements.
- Assist with development of fee projections to NHT-Enterprise from property operations for inclusion in NHT-Enterprise budget. Oversee asset management operations to ensure those budget projections are met.
- Assist with property compliance, including regulatory, financing and governmental requirements. Monitor to ensure reports are provided as required to lenders, investors and governmental agencies.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations to preserve real estate tax abatements. Prepare and file all Personal Property returns.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of potential sale, refinance, and year 15 analysis of properties within the portfolio.
- Assist/Monitor oversight of managementís coordination of large capital expenditures.
- Ensure that all corporate, LLC and LP organization documents are timely filed to maintain good standing.
- Review and internally process all requests for release of funds replacement reserve accounts.
- Coordinate affiliate board (ownership entity) meetings and assist with maintaining corporate records.
- Bachelorís degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; must be familiar with basic accounting concepts
- Prefer 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the real estate industry
- Ability to understand and analyze dynamic data sets
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent problem solving skills including ability to solve problems independently
- Strong organizational skills; ability to initiate new ideas and streamline tasks
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders; ability to work well within a team setting
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel (including Macros and importing/exporting data). Working knowledge of database software helpful
- Good sense of humor helpful!
COMPENSATION: Base Salary - negotiable
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter by email to . Keep cover letters short and specific to job description. Please write " Asset Manager V001" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes.
Note: if you are looking for the National Housing Trust that operates in Jamaica, please click here.